[Resolved] Pagination on blog posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pagination on blog posts

Home Forums Support Pagination on blog posts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stacey

How do I activate pagination for a blog?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No need to activate it, you just need more posts than what you have set in “Settings > Reading” for how many posts to display per page πŸ™‚

Ondra

Why pagination doesn’t appear at my homepage with blog posts? I have 9 posts, “Blog pages show at most” set to 8. Is it because I use two column arrangement?
    Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I just tested with the same settings you have (9 total posts, at most show 8 posts, 2 columns) and pagination shows up normally. Can you provide a link to your site?

Ondra

Hi, sorry. I thought it would appear since I filled it when posting the question. Here it is:
    http://ondrakozak.com/

I use 2 columns as described here under b) The more advanced way…. https://www.nosegraze.com/display-wordpress-posts-2-3-columns/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using GP premium? If so GP has built in Blog column layout features. You can find the settings in Customizer > Blog > Columns.
    Maybe delete/comment out the php code you entered and give this way a shot?
    Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You didn’t clear the float left behind from your posts.

Try adding this CSS:

.paging-navigation {
        clear: both;
    }

You would definitely be better off using our Blog add-on, but the above should at least show your pagination πŸ™‚

Ondra

Thank you guys for swift replies! I added the css rule that Tom suggested and it works perfectly. All the best to you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it worked πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.