[Support request] PageSpeed Insight fonts/generatepress.woff2

Home Forums Support [Support request] PageSpeed Insight fonts/generatepress.woff2

Home Forums Support PageSpeed Insight fonts/generatepress.woff2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Agustin

Good morning, I have done a pagepeed test and on the page I am advised to make this implementation in the syles.ccs:

@font-face {
    font-family: ‘generatepress’;
    src: url(‘/wp-content/themes/generatepress/fonts/generatepress.eot’);
    src: url(‘/wp-content/themes/bridge/fonts/generatepress.eot?#iefix’) format(’embedded-opentype’),
    url(‘/wp-content/themes//generatepress/fonts/generatepress.woff2′) format(‘woff2’),
    url(‘/wp-content/themes/generatepress/fonts/generatepress.woff’) format(‘woff’),
    url(‘/wp-content/themes/generatepress/fonts/generatepress.ttf’) format(‘truetype’),
    }

fonts

I use the theme child, I also use autoptimizer and I have looked at the guide of this forum

although I have not managed to improve the speed

You know how I can solve this

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so the issue that google is reporting is there is no fallback font for the GP icons, which there isn’t any real fallback for. There is a workaround here that one of our users provided:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-font-display-to-css/#post-906253

It simply removes the error – it won’t actually make any real improvements to overall pagespeed loading just improve the rating google provides.

In GeneratePress 2.3 – which should be released in the next 24hrs will provide an option to use SVG instead of .woff font file for the icons, which will remove this issue entirely.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.