[Resolved] Pages – can’t edit permalink link (edit button not responding)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pages – can’t edit permalink link (edit button not responding)

Home Forums Support Pages – can’t edit permalink link (edit button not responding)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,

Permalinks are set (xx replaces tt): hxxps://mydomain.com/%category%/%postname%/

Before updating to the current updated theme version ( 3.0.2), and plugin version (1.12.3), had no problem editing a page’s permalink URL. Now however, since updating both (today), I’m unable to edit the permalink. The “Edit” button is not responding.

I only discovered this issue, when, I went to add a new page.

On checking, the Permalink “Edit” button no longer works on anything page or blog entry.

I’m baffled to what the problem my be?

David

BTW, I’m using the classic format, by using the wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

found this ongoing topic for the Classic Edior plugins support forum:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/edit-post-page-broken-after-update-to-wp-5-6/

The very last reply has another link to another topic on that matter ( it goes on )…. seems the issue could be many – skimming over the topic the plugin author mentions the issue could lie with another Plugin that is adding TinyMCE controls….

David

Thanks David, I didn’t think it was the theme or plugin because you guys always write very clean code. But thought I’d post anyway. I’ll check out the link(s), and hopefully nut it out this end.

Cheers

David

Thought I’d post a follow up, in case anyone else finds themselves in this position. Seems the latest version of WP 5.6, when used with Firefox is causing the issue.

When I switch to Chrome, everything works as it should.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

oh so its a browser level issue – very odd.
    Thanks for sharing the fix, and glad to hear you resolved it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.