[Support request] Pages can’t be found

Home Forums Support [Support request] Pages can’t be found

Home Forums Support Pages can’t be found

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Norman

When I type the url of a page in the browser window it goes to a page with the footer as it should be but the rest of the content is not available. It says “Oops! That page can’t be found. It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try searching?”

If I just type the url of the website in the browser it works fine and the menu brings me to the pages correctly. (the same pages that won’t show up if I type them into the url).

Also the links to the sitemap aren’t working which I’m guessing is related to this problem.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is what I’m seeing when visiting the About page linked:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/QUZz1c9W3f

The theme itself doesn’t control the permalinks or URL side of things as well as they are all handled by WordPress itself.

Have you tried disabling all plugins to eliminate conflicts from elsewhere?

What if you test it with a twenty series default theme?

Norman

I turned off maintenance mode so if you go back to the about page you can see what’s happening.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

When I click on the About page in the menu, I see index.php in the link:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/wMqYCoJgxoU

The theme itself does not add something like that – you can activate a twenty series theme to test. The result should be exactly the same.

I would recommend disabling all plugins to see if there are any conflicts going on, or check with your hosting support to see if they can identify the issue.

Norman

Ok, I’ll give that a shot. Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.