[Support request] Page with Full Width is not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page with Full Width is not working

Home Forums Support Page with Full Width is not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mira

Hello,

on one page of my website I would like to use full width. I already changed it in the Layout settings and activated the checkbox “Full-width” and no sidebar.

I also have a page hero at this page. This one is full-width but the rest of the page is not. Maybe you could check this?

Thank you πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mira,

If you want the whole page to be completely full width, consider using the Layout Element’s Content tab –
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#content-1 and set the Content Area to “Full width(no padding).

Note: This won’t apply to contents with GenerateBlocks Container block that is set to “Inner width” as the “inner width” setting will apply its max-width to the specific content it holds.

Mira

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

I only want “full-width” on one page, on my home page. I tried to change the “Inner width” but it was not working on my home page, only for my other pages (where I didn’t want it to work).

I also tried to change the Layout Element’s Content Tab, but it was also not working for my home page (there was no change). The other pages changed than to full width, but not my home page. This is the only page, where I used a header in full-width. Do you think this is the problem?

Do you have a solution for me, how to set only my home page (not the other pages) in “full-width?

Thank you πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable Autopimize for us to take a look at the code?

Thanks.

Mira

I have now disabled Autoptimize.

Thank you.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

2 things to check:

1.) Make sure caching plugin is disabled.
    2.) Make sure the Layout Element’s display rule location is set to “Front page” and front page only. πŸ™‚

We then check if its finally applied. (clear browser cache as well just to be sure)

If it finally works, we can re-enable the caching plugin and then purge its cache so it generates a new one based on the new settings we have applied. πŸ™‚

Mira

1.) It’s now disabled.
    2.) I’m not sure about this one. I built the header not with Elements but directly in the editor of the pages. I didn’t find an option for “Front page” there.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks.

The page wasn’t going full width because of this CSS:

.no-sidebar .inside-article > *,
    .no-sidebar #comments,
    .no-sidebar .nav-links {
    	max-width: 700px;
    	margin-left: auto;
    	margin-right: auto;
    }

It’s a custom CSS you can find on Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

It’s applying to pages w/o any sidebars. If this CSS is not needed anymore, you can remove this completely.

If this CSS is still needed on other page but you’d like to remove it on specific page, let us know what kind of pages do you want it disabled on so we can advise on a way to do it. πŸ˜€

Mira

Thank you very much.

I removed the custom CSS. Now it is working fine for me. πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. Glad you got it sorted. πŸ˜€

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.