[Resolved] Page title fails to wrap on cellphone view.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page title fails to wrap on cellphone view.

Home Forums Support Page title fails to wrap on cellphone view.

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mediaropa

In GeneratePress Basic, on cellphone view, Page titles do not wrap to a second line, but show on top of the first line (in other words, two lines of text on top of one another). This means I must put the second line in the content box – where it is separated from the first part of the title by an extra line or two. It does not look good! It also means that Menu items are abbreviated because I must truncate the Page title in order for it not to cover itself with the second part of the line. How can I correct this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Looks like you’ve activated the mobile header option with the logo so I’m seeing the issue:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/DSVqStqi

Can you make the issue show again so I can debug?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

mediaropa

Hi Leo,
    I’ve redone only one page so you can see the issue. Here’s it’s URL: https://wp.me/PaD2HR-ex
    On the WordPress Preview screen it looks OK. But on my phone it is messed up with ‘A Light’ and ‘through the Cave’ on top of one another. It looks as though the line does only about 20-25 characters before splitting and placing the second part over the first.

Thanks for your help!

Gordon
    BTW, even though this is the free template, I’m a Pro subscriber.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Go to Customizer > Typography and make sure the Line height option for Heading 1 (H1) is not set at 0.

Try something like 1em.

mediaropa

Thanks, Leo. That did the trick. I didn’t set it to 0 and I doubt that’s default. But it’s fixed now, in any case. Both Pages and Menus thank you!

Gordon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.