[Resolved] Page Template Not Showing With A Shortcode Plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Template Not Showing With A Shortcode Plugin

Home Forums Support Page Template Not Showing With A Shortcode Plugin

• This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mustafa

Hi,

I’m trying to get some shortcodes to display on a site but in order for that to happen I need to use the plugin’s page template, however that template is not showing up in the page attributes box.

On another site with a different theme installed the shortcodes are showing.

Just wondering why they are not showing on the site with Generate Press installed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Shortcodes are rendered in your content by WordPress, not the theme.

You shouldn’t need to use page templates to display them. If you wanted to do that, you would need to create new page templates in your child theme.

Where are you adding the shortcode right now?

Mustafa

On the page that I want them to display on.

But I want to be able to display them on any page and post.

Just wondering why they are working with the other theme and not Generate Press.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you’re adding the shortcode into the visual editor on your page where the rest of your content is placed?

Where’s the shortcode coming from? A plugin?

Mustafa

The shortcode is being generated into the visual editor by the settings in the plugin.

The shortcodes effects display on this page – https://www.hypefreereviews.com/wp-sales-page-test/

But on this page with Generate Press they don’t show properly – https://www.mvcopy.com/sales-page-test/

I was told by the plugin publisher that I need to select the plugin template from the page attributes box on the page I am inserting the shortcodes into in order for the effects to display.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does the plugin add the page template for you? I’m not sure how the theme is supposed to know when to use the template? Shortcodes should just work when in the WordPress editor, regardless of what theme you’re using.

Mustafa

Yes, the plugin creates a template automatically which shows up in the page templates drop down options in the page attributes box with the other theme but it does not show up with Generate Press.

Could it be that some of the add on plugins with Generate Press are conflicting and over-riding the shortcode page template from being shown?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, definitely not. Shortcodes work in GP as they do in any other theme (using them here on this site).

Shortcodes are rendered by WordPress automatically as long as the content is rendered through the_content filter (which it always should be).

I’m not sure why the plugin you’re using is requiring a page template to render shortcodes, but it’s definitely not the most conventional way to do it.

I would have to see the code/test to plugin to see why they’re doing what they’re doing.

Mustafa

I contacted the plugin publisher a week ago. Still waiting for a reply from them.

I can let you have a copy of the plugin if you are able to have a look at it for me. What’s the best way to get it to you?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sure, shoot me an email: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Mustafa

Message just sent.

Thanks.

Mustafa

Just to update you, the issue seems to be with the plugin.

Although it claimed to work with all themes, it clearly doesn’t.

I haven’t heard from the plugin support department of the plugin for over a week. I don’t think I’ll be wasting any more time.

I’ll just have to find another plugin that works.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry about that – hope you find something even better 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.