[Resolved] Page template not showing and old were removed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page template not showing and old were removed

Home Forums Support Page template not showing and old were removed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Amit

After updating to the latest version, old page templates were automatically removed and now when I am trying to add my new page template, it’s not showing up. What to do?
    If I am using hook, the ad code is getting inserted to each page which is not desired.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

How were you adding the page templates? If you’re adding custom page templates, they should go into your child theme – that way, updating the theme won’t affect them.

Amit

I’ve added the templates into wp-content/themes/generatepress/custom-template.php and it has worked before. I’ve even added a template called sitemap.php and it’s working fine but newer templates are not showing and I am really fizzled as why?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Custom files should always be added to a child theme: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

Any changes inside the parent theme folder are removed when the theme is updated.

Amit

Thanks Tom, now it works. I’ve even added a custom code to single.php and uploaded it to child theme. That too works now seamlessly.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.