[Support request] Page speeds slowing down

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page speeds slowing down

Home Forums Support Page speeds slowing down

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christine

Hey GP crew,

I’ve been speaking with a lot of different parties, trying to identify why my page speeds have been having issues. Everyone seems to be passing the blame onto someone else. Our hosting says it’s the ads, our ad provider says it’s the plugin (Beaver Builder) / theme (GeneratePress), Beaver Builder says it’s got nothing to do with their plugin. So I guess I was wondering if you could take a quick peak to see if there are any obvious conflicts with the theme?
    This is one of our most popular posts, so it’s the one most affected by the speed issues: https://www.dontforgettomove.com/swim-with-whale-sharks-in-cebu-oslob/

Thanks a lot,
    Jules

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Everyone seems to be passing the blame onto someone else.

Likely because no one can tell what the actual issue is.

The easiest way to test is to disable all plugins except GP Premium and do a speed test.

If the issue no longer exists, then reactivate the plugins one by one until you identify the problem.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Christine

Thanks Leo. I’ve got started on that. I’m also finding that my First Byte and Start Render times have dropped recently, so that has to be on the hosting side. Is there any obvious code that you can see from the GeneratePress side that code be slowing it down? Does using GP + GP Premium + Beaver Builder combine for a good combo?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nothing from GP would cause this for sure – we pay very close attention to speed for any code/options we add.

And yes GP and BB is a very good combo but keep in mind that any page builders would slow your site speed.

Christine

Ok thanks. The response from BB was:

The only way to add feature rich elements to a page is to have wrapping elements that are then controlled with theme/builder options, otherwise there is no way to add control. Each beaver module div has wrapper divs for this purpose. GeneratePress will do the same. If you want things on the page with no extra divs then you are going to have to code them yourself and create your own minimal theme.

Does that make sense? Cause it doesn’t to me haha.

So I’m going to go back to the hosting and ask them to clarify specifically why the byte and render times are dropping. Best to start there.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not sure what question you asked but their answer is basically saying that there is no way around it unless you create your own theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could also try a Facebook group called WordPress Speed Up.

I’ve heard it being mentioned from time to time.

Christine

Sorry, no original context. I have all my replies confused. Was basically asking about the DOM elements and duplicate CSS selectors that a recent Dareboost speed test report was referring to. These are two high priority items that they say are limiting my page speeds. Figured it was a code issue someone between GP or BB. Does that make more sense?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you done the test of disabling plugins first?

That should really be the first step.

Christine

I’m working on it, and also continuing to speak with the hosting development team. I’ll be in touch with further news if I get it. Thanks a lot.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.