[Resolved] Page speed issues even after adding Autoptimize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page speed issues even after adding Autoptimize

Home Forums Support Page speed issues even after adding Autoptimize

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    racheljohn

First I would like to say I love this theme and how well its supported.
    I am having problems figuring out what I am doing wrong when it comes to page speed/loading time I have installed Autoptimize and set it to your recommenced settings. but my Pingdom speed test is still getting a D 68 Performance Grade any advice would be so helpful.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The main issues is the number of requests the site is making. 95 is rather high ( generatepress.com is around 35 ). A large chunk of them are requests to facebook – which i assume is the messenger app. Can you temporarily disable that to check ?

racheljohn

Okay so I disabled the messenger plugin for the moment (if you have a better recommendation on how to add messenger I am open to different options) it is a little better but still a Performance grade 75 C on Pingdom so definitely not the whole issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – now we only have 44 requests which is great.
    You can remove 1 more by changing the Icon Type to SVG in Customizer > General. Won’t make a huge difference but less requests are good 🙂

Next biggie is your server is not running GZIP – ask your host to enable this.

Which plugin were you using for the chat ?

racheljohn

Thank you so much for all your help!
    I was using the official Facebook messenger plugin. What would you guys recommend?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can’t actually recommend any plugins to replace it – i had a quick look and they all seem to require a lot of 3rd party requests. Which is probably controlled by FB.

Maybe ask in our FB forum – theres a lot of knowledgable people there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/generatepress

racheljohn

awesome will check with them also. Just one more question is there a way to add messenger without a plugin? ( my client uses messenger a lot unfortunately)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Facebook has an API called Facebook Chat Plugin – but thats hardcore custom development.
    I am suprised the Official Plugin was that terrible – i expected it load some JS but that amount of files seems overkill.

Try re-enabling the plugin – theres a possibility some of those requests were due to a glitch.
    If its still slow – then it would be worth asking on our FB group

racheljohn

Thank You So much For your Help One of the Guys on the Facebook Group came up with a cleaver solution using the Flying Scripts plugin deploy the chat a few second later that way its not part of the initial load works great!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that and thanks for sharing the solution!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.