[Resolved] Page speed in mobile "Preload key requests"

Home Forums Support Page speed in mobile "Preload key requests"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill

Trying to reduce page speed, biggest culprit seems to be “Preload key requests” of the woff fonts. Mobile seems pretty bad (62), desktop is pretty decent (93). When I turn off Autoptimze woowee gets pretty bad.

I set Autoptimize according to the tutorial. And icon types to SVG.

I put this in the header per another post and it didn’t seem to do much in mobile.
    <link rel=”preload” href=”/wp-content/themes/generatepress/fonts/generatepress.woff2″ as=”font” type=”font/woff2″ crossorigin>
    <link rel=”preload” href=”/wp-content/themes/generatepress/fonts/generatepress.woff″ as=”font” type=”font/woff″ crossorigin>

When I turn off Autoptimze I don’t see the “Preload key requests” Should I turn on or off for help right now??
    Still new to this stuff not sure what to do now…I put the page in question down below.
    Bill

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

by switching the Icon Type to SVG – GP no longer loads or requires the generatepress font so the code you added to the header is not required.

This leaves 3 fonts being requested, 2 are google fonts, and then there is fontello which is required for the Ligthweight Social Icons.

You may want to run a test using GTMetrix instead of Pagespeed insights it will provide more realistic timings so you can see where the delays are coming from.

Bill

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.