[Resolved] Page Speed changing performance parameters

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Speed changing performance parameters

Home Forums Support Page Speed changing performance parameters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Howard

Hi Tom: Google page speed has added some strange (for me) parameters that maybe you have some ideas to rectify… these came up on my webpage:

Ensure text remains visible during webfont load
    Leverage the font-display CSS feature to ensure text is user-visible while webfonts are loading. Learn more.
    URL
    Potential Savings
    …fonts/generatepress.woff2
    (cdn.thesoundadvocate.com)
    20 ms
    …fonts/fontello.woff
    (cdn.thesoundadvocate.com)
    30 ms

The most common causes of a poor CLS are:

· Images without dimensions

· Ads, embeds, and iframes without dimensions

· Dynamically injected content

· Web Fonts causing FOIT/FOUT

·

Summary: Always include width and height size attributes on your images and video elements. Alternatively, reserve the required space with CSS aspect ratio boxes. This approach ensures that the browser can allocate the correct amount of space in the document while the image is loading.

Thanks for your consideration
    Howard

Jana

I have similar issue.
    wp-content/themes/generatepress/fonts/generatepress.ttf
    Response Version – n/a
    No Response Headers – Request failed
    Request Version – n/a
    No Request Headers – Request failed

My website is suddenly loading slower. In GT Metrix, this is what I get highlighted in red.
    Any idea what I should do?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

generatepress.ttf is our icons, which is a tiny file and shouldn’t make any real difference to your page speed.

However, it is better to use SVGs, which you can turn on in Customize > General. This will be the default in GP 2.5.0 🙂

Howard

“However, it is better to use SVGs, which you can turn on in Customize > General. This will be the default in GP 2.5.0 🙂”

This is a type of image file, if I’m not mistaken— or fonts??

Howard

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you choose that option the icons are added as inline SVGs. Which results in no file request being made.

Howard

Thanks all- will do some experimenting.

Ironically (??), GT Metrix still gives me 💯 % on All my page scores- without using SVG’s or— WEBp images!!!

(Here is a tip for ALL generatepress users that I doubt more than 5% of the population might know:)
    Compress ALL YOUR images with ‘OPTINZILLA’ online image compression. You’ll get all your image scores on GTmetrix at 98-100% EVERY TIME!!!! Only problem: they won’t convert WEBp—- but who cares ; for NOW!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    And thanks for sharing your tips.

Howard

Thanks 😊

Jana

I solved my problem after testing every single plugin I have. The problem was Elementor Pro.
    I removed both Elemtor and Elementor Pro and the site is fast again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re looking for a lightweight way to build your content, our GenerateBlocks plugin might be worth checking out: https://generateblocks.com

Matthias

Hi Team,
    we do encounter the same issue on https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgesundheit-koerper-seele.com%2Fcbd-oel-wirkung-inhaltsstoffe-anwendung%2F&tab=desktop&hl=de

The strange part is, that I have enabled icon type SVG and it still happens. I use Lightweight Social Icons in the header – could this be the case?
    What alternative do I have to use social icons on the top?

Thank you,
    Matt

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, Lightweight Social Icons use an icon font, so it will be the same thing.

Best thing is to use plain SVG icons as your social icons.

Once we release GPP 1.11.0 with Block Elements, you’ll be able to build icons with GenerateBlocks and hook them into the theme. Working on it 🙂

Matthias

Hi Tom,
    thank you for your response. I am currently testing https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/svg-social-menu/

Thank you,
    Matt

Ian

Once we release GPP 1.11.0 with Block Elements

Any idea when this might be? I’m absolutely desperate for this on one of my new sites!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Working hard on it! Hoping to have an alpha version ready soon 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.