[Resolved] Page-specific footer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page-specific footer

Home Forums Support Page-specific footer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mkjj

Similar questions have already been posted here: I would like to build page-specific footers. Changing the CSS is easy. I can use the classes that are created for each and every page and post. I would like to change the content. I could easily do this using a plugin like Content Aware Sidebars or Widget Logic. However, I woul rather not use a plugin for such a simple task like changing just on image in a footer widget. Is there some built-in feature in Generatepress that could do the trick?

Here’s an example:
    Page A > image A in footer 1
    Page B > image B in footer 1
    Page C > image C in footer 2

Since these are very minor changes I would like to avoid a plugin for that.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would think the Content Aware Sidebars is the best solution as GP doesn’t have this built-in.

Otherwise, you’d have to write page-specific CSS to hide the images based on the condition you are after.

Have you tested the plugin to see if it has any impact on your site at all?

mkjj

Hi Leo,

thanks for the super-fast feedback. The plugin would be fine, I guess. But since these mods are strictly managed by the technical admin and not by the customer, I will probably write a shortcode for this. I just like to avoid plugins for such simple tasks. Even if the plugin has no impact at all NOW, you never know what will happen. Sometimes they get bloated or even hacked. Less plugins = more reliability.

Just wanted to make sure that I didn’t miss a Generatepress feature. As others have said before: A footer module like the header module would be great. But there are probably very few users that need this.

Thanks again!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.