[Support request] Page Slider positioning?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page Slider positioning?

Home Forums Support Page Slider positioning?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jefferis

Hi Tom, I was hoping you would have a location for installing a page slider. I’m using the GP base to develop a design and rather than using the page/post top, I’d like to put a slider beneath the nav menu full width. I’m not sure how to insert one without it being overwritten when GP updates. I don’t see a feature in Premium addons for doing this. I can manually make a banner image full width by making its width 100% using CSS in the browser inspector, but the Page Header only allows the insert of an image. And the dimensions of the image are hard coded.

How would I go about inserting a hero/banner slider in the top of the home page, e.g.?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You would use the Page Header add-on for this – simply place your slide shortcode into the Content area of the meta box.

Alternatively, you could use GP Hooks, but this would make the slider show up site-wide unless you use PHP conditionals.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Jefferis

Tom, what about when you have a sidebar? I put it in the page header but it only covered the content column. That is where I was able to manipulate the image size in browser inspector and make with 100%, but it didn’t work in page header. Are you saying put it in the content box instead?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

By default the page header is above the content and sidebar as long as it’s set to “Above Content Area” in “Customize > Layout > Page Header”.

If that’s not working, can you possible link me to the page so I can check out the code?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.