[Resolved] Page length and image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page length and image

Home Forums Support Page length and image

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hi,
    Just like to say I have very recently bought GeneratePress – best theme I’ve seen, really user friendly and great value.

Two questions please – sorry if already asked or I’ve missed the solution in the themes tools itself.

1) the actual default page length it generates, is a little long for my needs, where can I please adjust this – is this something I’ll need to change some code for?

2) I’m listing some affiliate [Amazon] items – a) my site pulls a page of general headers/single line descriptions, for a number of products of a particular type, b) people interested in a particular item header/desription, then click on it and are linked to a page to see a more detailed product explanation, which includes an image.

How can I, if possible, get the theme to generate a small image of each product at point “a” – [the header/one line description page], a thumbnail [small] type image for each product would be good, to add some visual appeal and some color to the page?

Thanks for any advice you can offer and again – great theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Not sure what you mean? The page length of a page is determined by the length of the content within it?

2. You would have to add the images manually next to each affiliate link/description using the “Add Media” button – then you could float it to the left or right.

robmac

Hello,

Thank you – page length is resolved, yeah was just as you said, my error.

re the images, it’s not picking up the “featured image” on product category listing page, but it’s displaying the relevant image fine, when people click on the specific product description page.

Example of what I mean below

Hats – NO Image Generated
    red hat
    blue hat
    green hat
    yellow hat

After clicking on a specific product listed on the page above

Yellow Hat – Image IS generated on this page
    A yellow hat is a bright and colorful…..

Any idea on resolving/work-around please? I tried installing a plugin called”Dynamic Featured Image” but so far, no luck.

Thanks for any thoughts you may care to offer – i’m not a coder, so “idiot proof” is very good language for me πŸ™‚

Thank you again – I’m enjoying your theme, got more done in 48hrs than days of frustration before! This image issue has, so far, been the only speed-bump, I have seen other themes generate the desired image though, so I know it must be resolvable.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m afraid I don’t understand the image issue.

Can you possibly link me to some pages with some explanations of what’s wrong?

Glad you’re enjoying GP πŸ™‚

robmac

ok, thanks, will be in touch via contact feature with page links, as sites still in development stage.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good πŸ™‚

robmac

Links sent πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried setting a featured image?: https://en.support.wordpress.com/featured-images/

robmac

Hi,
    Featured image won’t really help, as there are multiple posts, all generated from Amazon.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When I look at your category page, I see images that are supposed to be there, but are broken links. That tells me you do have featured images added, but maybe the folder was moved so the URL to the images isn’t correct anymore?

The only other option I can think of is setting your Blog Content to show the full post in the Customizer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.