- This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by Tom.
March 21, 2015 at 8:36 am #89347robmac
Just like to say I have very recently bought GeneratePress – best theme I’ve seen, really user friendly and great value.
Two questions please – sorry if already asked or I’ve missed the solution in the themes tools itself.
1) the actual default page length it generates, is a little long for my needs, where can I please adjust this – is this something I’ll need to change some code for?
2) I’m listing some affiliate [Amazon] items – a) my site pulls a page of general headers/single line descriptions, for a number of products of a particular type, b) people interested in a particular item header/desription, then click on it and are linked to a page to see a more detailed product explanation, which includes an image.
How can I, if possible, get the theme to generate a small image of each product at point “a” – [the header/one line description page], a thumbnail [small] type image for each product would be good, to add some visual appeal and some color to the page?
Thanks for any advice you can offer and again – great theme.March 21, 2015 at 7:36 pm #89543TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. Not sure what you mean? The page length of a page is determined by the length of the content within it?
2. You would have to add the images manually next to each affiliate link/description using the “Add Media” button – then you could float it to the left or right.March 22, 2015 at 8:29 pm #90039robmac
Thank you – page length is resolved, yeah was just as you said, my error.
re the images, it’s not picking up the “featured image” on product category listing page, but it’s displaying the relevant image fine, when people click on the specific product description page.
Example of what I mean below
Hats – NO Image Generated
After clicking on a specific product listed on the page above
Yellow Hat – Image IS generated on this page
A yellow hat is a bright and colorful…..
Any idea on resolving/work-around please? I tried installing a plugin called”Dynamic Featured Image” but so far, no luck.
Thanks for any thoughts you may care to offer – i’m not a coder, so “idiot proof” is very good language for me 🙂
Thank you again – I’m enjoying your theme, got more done in 48hrs than days of frustration before! This image issue has, so far, been the only speed-bump, I have seen other themes generate the desired image though, so I know it must be resolvable.March 22, 2015 at 11:38 pm #90076TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Hmm, I’m afraid I don’t understand the image issue.
Can you possibly link me to some pages with some explanations of what’s wrong?
Glad you’re enjoying GP 🙂March 23, 2015 at 7:14 am #90270robmac
ok, thanks, will be in touch via contact feature with page links, as sites still in development stage.March 23, 2015 at 10:44 am #90337TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMarch 24, 2015 at 6:59 am #90865robmac
Links sent 🙂March 24, 2015 at 3:25 pm #91023TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMarch 24, 2015 at 11:16 pm #91067robmac
Featured image won’t really help, as there are multiple posts, all generated from Amazon.March 25, 2015 at 4:22 pm #91418TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
When I look at your category page, I see images that are supposed to be there, but are broken links. That tells me you do have featured images added, but maybe the folder was moved so the URL to the images isn’t correct anymore?
The only other option I can think of is setting your Blog Content to show the full post in the Customizer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.