[Resolved] Page Hero Not Showing On Particular Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Hero Not Showing On Particular Page

Home Forums Support Page Hero Not Showing On Particular Page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andre

Hi guys! I’m having some issue figuring out what’s happened to my page hero on a particular page. It was showing fine one second an then the next it’s disappeared. Haven’t updated anything or installed any new plugins etc. I’ve cleared my cache. The page hero on other pages are fine and I double checked and compared the settings and it all seems the same so I’m not sure what’s wrong, BUT when I was trouble shooting I noticed an option inside the elements tab called “mine” that contained the page element that’s disappeared. What does that mean? Could that be the issue?

I’ve included links in the private information area.

Any help please?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m guessing there is an error in your display rule.

The problematic page you are referring to is a category archive page and not a static page.

Can you make sure the display rules is set to Post category archive > Name of the archive?

Let me know 🙂

Andre

Hi Leo, I’m sorry, I don’t understand. All the other pages in my elements aren’t pointing to archive posts or categories? They are displayed to pages. See the links in private information. I highlighted them. What am I not understanding please?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The page you referenced: /monetizing-your-website is not a static page.

It is a category archive that displays posts in that category.

So can you try my suggestion and set the display rule to Post category archive > monetizing-your-website?

Make sure you clear the caching plugin after making the change and disable it if you need further help with this.

Andre

Thanks Leo it’s worked but there is something I’m still not understanding. Maybe I should I have mentioned this before but I’m using WP Show Posts to show specific posts under specific pages / page menus. I do not see the difference between the monetize page (the one with the issue) and find your niche page where the elements and WP Show Posts setup is the same and has content I already built. That page does not have the same issue but has the same setup? See images. What am I missing please?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it looks like you have both a Page and a Category with the same slug of: monetizing-your-website
    When you follow the menu link, WP checks the slug and runs off and gets the correct template to display the content. If those slugs are identical it will grab the Category Archive and display that – which is what you’re seeing on your site.

To fix the issue, make sure your Page Slug is different to the Category slug.

Andre

Yup! That was the issue. Tuesday blessings and thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.