[Resolved] Page Hero bottom margin gap

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Hero bottom margin gap

Home Forums Support Page Hero bottom margin gap

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sinartus

Hi there,

I have just set the Page Hero to have the Site Header merge on the front page. However, I can’t close the gap at the bottom portion of the Page Hero to the next container (black – with the welcome text). I found the solution by adding a -60 to the top margin of the black container, which closed the gap, but I am curious whether this is the only way or is there another way to do this from the Elements section. Does this have anything to do with the Offset Site Header Height? I tried that, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I am running both GP and GB premium versions. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there.

the default Content Container has Padding and Margin ( the Separating space ) that is defined in the Customizer > Layout > Container.

When building a landing page use GenerateBlocks Container blocks, and you want rid of the themes padding, use the GP Content Container option:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-container/

Setting it to Full Width or Container will remove the themes spacing.

Sinartus

Hi David,

I followed your instruction and was able to get rid of all the separating space, but there was still some space between the Hero Page and the below body container. I did find by going into Appearance > Customize > Layout > Container and adjusting to 0px under Separating Space, and I was able to get rid of the space entirely. Please let me know if this is the correct way. Thanks!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Sinartus,

Yes, the Separating Space also adds margin to the elements in your Content. It also adds margin to the site-main.

Reference: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/separating-space/

Setting it to 0px effectively removes this margin.

Hope this clarifies!

Sinartus

Great! Thanks, Fernando and David, for the help. Appreciate you all.

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Sinartus!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.