[Resolved] Page hero block with title and featured image preview

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page hero block with title and featured image preview

Home Forums Support Page hero block with title and featured image preview

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard

Hello,
    I would like to make a page hero block with the page/post title and a featured image preview e.g. 25% of the original size. Clicking on the preview shall link to the full size image.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Bernhard,

You can use thedynamic image block to insert the featured image, or simplify set a background image for the container block on the right side, set it to featured image.

Dynamic blocks: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/dynamic-blocks/

Use background image as featured image tutorial video, you can start watch from 1:50:
    https://youtu.be/yq6VcgU3Ufg

The background image can only add dynamic link to the post of post meta.
    The dynamic image block allows you to add link to the single post or to a custom field, you can use a custom field to store the URL of the image.

Let me know if you need further assistance πŸ™‚

Bernhard

Hi Ying,
    interesting, I didn’t know that πŸ™‚ . Ok for the image, but I can only select to link to single post or custom field. Is it possible to link to the media file?

About the title, I tried the custom html <h1>{{post_title}}</h1> as in the header element, but it does not work here. How can I insert the post title? Dynamic content has not the title.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it possible to link to the media file?

The link is generated dynamically, as I replied in my last comment, you can store the media file URL to a custom field, and all the custom field in this block element. But it does creates extra work.

How can I insert the post title

Please watch the video I attached in my last reply, it also shows how to add dynamic titles.

Bernhard

Hi Yin,
    excuse me, I didn’t watch the full video before. About the image, I’ll go for the dynamic image as both solutions actually don’t allow the direct link to the media file. Probably it will be available in a future release?

Thank you πŸ™‚

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome πŸ™‚

If we receive more requests according this, we would definitely consider adding the option in the future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.