[Resolved] Page Hero and Site Header working, but not on some pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Hero and Site Header working, but not on some pages

Home Forums Support Page Hero and Site Header working, but not on some pages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hello

I’ve successfully setup the Header Element with Page Hero and Site Header settings for most of my site, including the Blog main page, and individual blog pages. However, I can’t get it to work on the Blog Archives, nor on the 404 or Search pages. These would have the same design with margins and background image, but different text.

My approach was copy what worked for the main site, and change the display rules accordingly.

Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

disable the Header Element that you have set to Entire Site.
    You can only have on Header Element assigned to any location.
    When there are header elements with that have conflicting Display Rules whichever one was published first will be displayed, any elements published after that will not.

To get around that a Entire Site header element would either have to be published last or have all the other display locations excluded it.

Michael

Hi David

Ah ha! That’s got things moving again. Thanks! I now have blog archives and also the 404 working.

However, Search results is not fully working however, as it is showing a Featured Image in the Page Hero area? I have a single Element controlling both 404 and Search results, and it is set to show a custom image?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to the site / search results page ?

Michael

Sorry for delay – link in Private Info

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try temporarily disabling the other header elements, you select them all in the list and Quick Edit and change the status to draft. Just leaving the Search Results element published.

Michael

Sorry – I’ll need to come back to you on this – gremlins…

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael,

I can see your site now, the search results page is acting weird, have you tried disable all other elements?

If it still doesn’t work, could you try disable all plugins except GP Premium?

Let us know πŸ™‚

Michael

Hi Ying

Thanks for suggestion. I’ve tried that yet, but I did do some more testing (further trying to isolate the problem).

I’ve realised that this is most likely a problem that is related to the hosting – we’re using Strattic which flattens the site. Their do include a search service – but I don’t know how they’re engineering it. I’ll contact them to see if they can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks for all help so far.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Let us know how it goes πŸ™‚

Michael

Thanks. Strattic does do search differently – details here in case it helps others who find this via google…
    https://support.strattic.com/en/articles/4054820-strattic-wordpress-plugin-settings

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Michael for sharing this with us πŸ™‚

I’m sure it’ll be helpful for people who run into the same situation!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.