[Support request] [BUG] Page Hero and Primary Menu not merging correctly

Home Forums Support [Support request] [BUG] Page Hero and Primary Menu not merging correctly

Home Forums Support [BUG] Page Hero and Primary Menu not merging correctly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jay

Hello Team,

I’ve just bought GP Premium (yey!) and am currently exploring all the lovely options it brings. Nice work! I may have stumbled upon a bug I thought I’d show you: I’m following Tom’s video on how to create a page hero element and merge the menu into the header (this one: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/). Sadly my menu doesn’t display below the header (as I have selected), but instead in the middle of the header, over the actual page title text.

Screenshot

Have I forgotten a tickbox somewhere? It’s happening in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, with or without an image. I’m using GP 2.4.2 and Premium 1.11.3.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know 🙂

Jay

Hi Leo – oops, I forgot to include the URL. Here it is: https://beta.wpguru.co.uk/
    The element is set to be the same across the entire site.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Everything looks normal to me there.

What exactly would you like to achieve?

Move the navigation below the entire header element?

Jay

“Normal” is not the word I’d use: the page hero is unusable, the title is not readable, and the menu hangs halfway across the header image, and NOT underneath it as suggested by the option I’ve selected. I’m inclined to call this a bug, or at least non-0expected behaviour. If additional tweaking is necessary when users select this option, I would either add a message to tell users about it (and how), or implement it automatically.

But yes, I’d like to move the navigation below the header.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Header Elements can be slightly confusing and can be misinterpreted for what the Site Header does.
    By default they display below the Site Header and Navigation.
    When merged the site header, navigation and header element are wrapped together to create the overlay.

To move the Navigation below the header element requires a little PHP snippet:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','craig_move_navigation' );
    function craig_move_navigation() {
        remove_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 5 );
        add_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 15 );
    }

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Then to stop the Page title of the header element from creeping behind the Site Header you can increase the Offset Site Header Height in the Header Elements > Site Header tab.

For your current set-up that needs to be at least 160px.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.