[Resolved] Page help

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page help

Home Forums Support Page help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carla Fox

I made a page for a privacy policy and put it in a footer widget. That is really the only place I need it to appear. But it is also by default showing up on the top navigation bar. Can I remove it from there? Will every page automatically go there? And for things like a privacy policy is there a better way to handle this?
    Thanks!
    -Carla

atomonfire

Either you have inadvertently put your privacy policy into your main navigation menu or you did not set a menu to the navigation and it is defaulting to something. Can you provide a link to the site?

Also you can customize/make menus by going to WordPress admin and go appearance -> menus. You can then change/make a menu. Then go to appearance -> customize and under Set Navigation, pick the menu you created and this will be the default menu for the top navigation. Any other pages you create will not add to this menu unless you go add it via the menu area.

Hope that helps.

Carla Fox

essentiallyprimal.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Carla,

Sounds like you need to set your Theme Location in “Appearance > Menus”.

You can learn more about menus here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

Basically, you need to create a menu (so you can choose exactly what pages show up), and then set that menu to a “Theme Location”, in this case it would be “Primary”.

Hope this helps 🙂

Carla Fox

Gotcha! Fixed that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.