[Resolved] Page Header video doesnt show on mobile version

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Header video doesnt show on mobile version

Home Forums Support Page Header video doesnt show on mobile version

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Roberto Massa

Hello there,
    at firt I woul like to say how I love this theme, it´s for real one of the best that i tried.
    But I have a small problem with my website. I would like to put a video as a page header on the homepage and on desktop it work simply perfectly, the problem is on mobile version (tablet and smartphone, there the header it´s not displayed and I dont know how to resolve it. Can somebody help me please?
    The website is http://www.robertomassa.de (it´s still in building).
    Thanks 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Unfortunately mobile devices won’t show HTML5 video backgrounds – this is to save you bandwidth if a site is loading a massive video while you’re not connected to wifi.

I’m working on showing the background image in this case for the next version.

Roberto Massa

Hi Tom, thank you for your answer.
    This solution will be a really good option and honestly I was hoping it was already possible (but I ve already tried the day before yesterday clearly without result). Can I know when this function will be avaible or it is still to soon to say?
    In case do you know a plugin that can redirect mobile visitors to a mobile version site and that doesnt create conflict with your theme? I will google it for sure but maybe you have already some experience about it.
    Thanks a lot and have a great day 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Roberto Massa.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I know that Jetpack has a mobile theme module.

However, if you want to add a background image to that page, you can use our Simple CSS plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Then when editing the page, add this into the Simple CSS metabox:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .page-header-content {
            background-image: url(URL TO YOUR MOBILE BACKGROUND IMAGE);
            background-size: cover;
        }
    }

Let me know if that works or not 🙂

Roberto Massa

Yep! It works perfectly!
    Thanks Tom, I doesn´t knew this plugin. It is simply great 🙂
    You saved me a lot of time!
    Thanks again and compliments for your amazing works!

Bye 😉

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The next version of GP Premium (1.2.82) displays the set background image as the fallback image if the video won’t load 🙂

Hamish

Hi Tom,

Please excuse my ignorance here, but is there anyway to get background video to show up on mobile on wifi only? I understand the whole bandwidth thing. However people are browsing on tablets and phones over wifi at home and that is when they have more time to be engaged by visuals. Also you can get videos down under a mb.

The page header add on settings are great. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently I don’t believe it’s possible – most mobile phones are built not to autoplay videos which makes it an issue.

I’ll definitely stay on top of it though and if something changes will update it 🙂

Bulut

Hi Tom,

Here are some points i realized about this Issue:

I have a Website with a video background: dumandesign.de

*When i enter the website with Samsung internet browser videobg doesn’t display.
    *With iphone safari doesn’t display.
    *But with Chrome browser on Android videobg displays very well(i didn’t try on ios).
    *When i upload the video file direct on publichtml like dumandesign.de/videobg.mp4 it also displays with no problem with any browser and any operating system :S

so i thought.. maybe WordPress has problem about it? Because all these appears when i upload the video on WordPress Media Library.

One more question: Is there any security hole, when i upload this video with file manager on publichtml and play as a background?

I hope these infos helps you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can open a new topic and include the URL to your site?

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.