[Resolved] Page header selection with WPML

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page header selection with WPML

Home Forums Support Page header selection with WPML

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Enrico

Hello,
    it’s pretty cool that page headers now are post types and can therefore can be globally edited. However there is one thing that seems broken when used with wpml. When I make page_headers translateable, it shows all page headers in all languages in the dropdown and not only the page header for the selected language.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

In the select box inside the Layout metabox? That may just be the way it’s set up. Have you checked with them? Their support team is awesome πŸ™‚

Enrico

So I looked into it myself and found that when I disable suppress filters in the call to get_posts, I will only see the page headers available in the selected language. It is on line 709 in gp-premium/page-header/functions/metabox.php

$page_headers = get_posts(array(
    	'posts_per_page' => -1,
    	'orderby' => 'title',
    	'post_type' => 'generate_page_header',
    	// I added this line so the wpml filters can modify the query
    	'suppress_filters' => 0
    ));

Maybe you can add this as an option or do this by default? It would make sense to add this line if WPML is running. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very interesting – thanks for tracking that down for me! I’ll do some testing and will likely get it added to the next version.

Enrico

Great!
    I wouldn’t know if it would have any side effects (can not think of any), but if you want to be on the safe side, another possibility would be to run the query args through a filter we could hook into. I think you will know best what to do πŸ™‚
    I will keep this thread open, as the issue is not really resolved yet.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks good to me – I’ve made the change in GPP 1.6.

Thank you! πŸ™‚

Enrico

Hello,

I just realized that the same ‘issue’ applies to the global selection of page headers. Since you are doing it with suppress_filter in the layout meta box now, it would be consistent to have the same behaviour in the global location dropdown menus.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Done – should be good to go in 1.6.3.

Thanks!

Enrico

Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.