- This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by Tom.
July 29, 2017 at 5:28 pm #356867Katie Jones
I’ve been using the generate_before_main_content hook to put page headers on views that don’t have a page in WP. That works well when the width is contained. How do I do it for the full width page header?
KatieGeneratePress 1.3.48GP Premium 1.3.1July 29, 2017 at 7:00 pm #356889LeoStaffCustomer SupportJuly 29, 2017 at 7:35 pm #356893Katie Jones
Oh, hooray! 🙂 I am! I didn’t even see that as a new post type, YAY! 🙂 Thank you! And good memory!July 29, 2017 at 8:03 pm #356895LeoStaffCustomer SupportJuly 30, 2017 at 5:07 pm #357286Katie Jones
I’ve been playing with this – so far a couple things:
+ I need a way to add a header to a WooCommerce product category. How can I do this (here or in a hook?).
+ I had a regular page that wasn’t displaying the full page header option, I’m not sure why – instead, it only allowed me to select a page header I’d made as a custom post type. So I used that, though FYI I’m not sure why that was.
Also, a feature request: I would love a WYSIWYG in the page header content, for clients.
Anyway – I’m very excited about this new feature, thank you!July 30, 2017 at 5:16 pm #357290Katie Jones
Ah, and I’m also having trouble with the pages generated by The Events Calendar. The option is there for the post type ‘events’ (though not the /events page TEC generates) – and the header isn’t showing up on the post type, either.
Is there some code I could use to hold me over for now?July 31, 2017 at 12:05 am #357368TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. You can go into “Products > Categories” and edit a category. You’ll see a field to add a Page Header.
2. This is the new method Page Header will use – creating re-usable page headers instead of individual headers for each page.
3. A WYSIYG editor is something I’ll likely add via a filter, as adding it into core now would mess with various HTML users might be using (including myself).
4. If a page is generated, you would apply a page header like any other pages. The “Events” option that shows up in Global Locations would likely be the archives for all events – is the page header not working on those archives?
Thanks for the feedback!July 31, 2017 at 2:48 am #357410Katie Jones
Thanks, Tom – that got the header showing on my products category page perfectly!
I figured out the deal with ‘Events’ – I needed to set the option under the Events Calendar display settings to use ‘Default Events Template’ instead of ‘Default Page Template’ (the default): https://ibb.co/esx2jkJuly 31, 2017 at 6:33 am #357471Katie Jones
PS – loooove the background video! I guess that’s been out a while though I haven’t used it til today – awesome!!July 31, 2017 at 9:47 am #357609
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.