[Support request] page header not working in Elementor Pro single post template after upgrade

Home Forums Support [Support request] page header not working in Elementor Pro single post template after upgrade

Home Forums Support page header not working in Elementor Pro single post template after upgrade

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Karelle

Elementor has upgraded Pro to 2+ and that came with single post templates. Unfortunately Page Header doesn’t seem to work in the single post template and I also can’t disable anything in the WP editor, like I can on static pages. How do I get around that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not fully sure how E Pro 2 handles their single post templates, but it’s possible that they take over the entire template, which would also replace the hooks needed for Page Headers to work.

What are you trying to disable in the WP editor?

Karelle

Right now there is a big logo in the header area. I want to replace that either with a featured image or just turn it off altogether.

Karelle

In WP editor I set the template from Default to Elementor Canvas and now the choice to change it back to Default is no longer there. I then reverted to a previous revision and although the featured image is gone (logo still there) there is no template choice.

Karelle

Huh, so if I look at the post in WP editor, all the editing features are there. Just not in the template. Any way to disable the header in posts universally?

Karelle

And now I can’t use Elementor on the template because the Content area can’t be found. Would this be because the single post template is still in Elementor Canvas mode?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which header are you talking about? I’m only seeing your round site logo on top of the navigation right now.

I’m not sure about the Elementor related issues unfortunately – I know that 2.0 is quite new, so maybe there’s some bugs there. Might be worth reporting to them.

Karelle

You can see the “header” logo on the blog index page: https://agents4homebuyers.com/blog-a4hb-home-buyer/

and on this blog post (on which I have not yet disabled the header): https://agents4homebuyers.com/download-and-print-a-home/

I don’t want that logo to show on any page or post.

So the two pertinent questions that you might be able to answer are:

1) Is there a way to disable that header logo on all POSTS universally? I’ve looked at Customizer > Layout > Header and it allows me to change its characteristics but not turn it off. I can solve it with CSS (.header-image {display: none;}), but is there another way?
    2) Why does elementor report that there is no content area in the single post template, after changing the template to Elementor Canvas (and where did the template selector go to)?

And yes I will report this to Elementor.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. Try this CSS:

.single-post .site-logo {
        display: none;
    }

2. This I’m not sure about, but Elementor should have an idea.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.