[Resolved] Page Header not shown when set at custom taxonomy AnyWhere Elementor template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Header not shown when set at custom taxonomy AnyWhere Elementor template

Home Forums Support Page Header not shown when set at custom taxonomy AnyWhere Elementor template

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dragomir

Hi,

I have a custom taxonomy (hierarchical) created with Pods and an AnyWhere Elementor Pro template for this taxonomy (Taxonomy Archive Template).

I have enabled a Page Header (by GeneratePress) for this taxonomy archive template but when viewing the archive the page header is not shown.

But if I go to Global Locations and there enable the page header for the custom taxonomy, then the page header is properly shown.

Why setting the page header at the AnyWhere Elemementor Pro template level does not work but work at global level?

Thank you and best regards!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

When you’re setting the Page Header, are you setting in within the Layout metabox? If so, WordPress metaboxes typically only work on singular templates (single posts, pages etc..). There has to be some sort of mechanism to allow them to function elsewhere (taxonomies etc..).

Global locations definitely the right place to do this (for now.. :))

Dragomir

Hi Tom,

thanks for replying!

Yes, indeed I am setting the Page Header in the Layout metabox.

It would be definitely nice to be able to set page headers at taxonomy level, if this is possible of course.

Best regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can set them globally in Global Locations, and on individual categories etc.. while editing the category/taxonomy.

GPP 1.7 will introduce a new way to do all of this ๐Ÿ™‚

Dragomir

Wow, thanks a lot for the hint – I did not think of this myself!

Looking forward to 1.7 and really appreciate your support, thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.