[Resolved] Page Header not showing on blog page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Header not showing on blog page

Home Forums Support Page Header not showing on blog page

• This topic has 22 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Nimie

I am trying to put a page header on the blog page. Have it set in global settings but it still is not showing. Can you give a look and see what I am doing wrong?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Currently the blog page shows Nothing Found.

Have you created a post yet?

Nimie

No po9st but shouldn’t the page header show? I added one now but I am wanting a page header just for the blog page not for each post.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have anything in GP Hooks? Your HTML looks broken, with stuff that’s supposed to be in wp_head showing up within the body.

Nimie

Using an elementor header in hooks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which hook?

Nimie

wp_head

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

wp_head shouldn’t be used for that.

Are you trying to merge like this method here? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/merging-header-navigation-content/

Nimie

No created a header top bar menu in elementor and used hook to apply

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try the before header hook instead: http://demo.generatepress.com/hook-locations/

Nimie

That removed the top bar, header and menu but did not create a page header for blog page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like you still have something in wp_head. Can you make sure that hook is empty?

Nimie

If that hook is empty the top bar etc disappear because these were created in elementor and applied via hook. How does this affect page headers? Don’t page headers come after wp header?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

HTML isn’t allowed in wp_head.

Anything in that hook should be in the Before Header hook, and wp_head should be empty.

Nimie

This is what is in the wp head. If I put it in the before header hook it does not show up. I have removed it and placed in the before header.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.