Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Resolved] page header needs space before first articles in masonry layout

Home Forums Support page header needs space before first articles in masonry layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Steely

On category and archive pages, the page header sits right on top of the articles with no spacing. I tried using css to correct the margin-bottom for the page header, taxonomy-description, etc., but it had no effect.

The first articles in the masonry layout have an absolute position setting of top: 71px which sits them right against the text, whether it is h1 alone or h1 with the taxonomy-description. I can use firebug to adjust this setting so I can see that this is what needs to change. I don’t know how to change this setting for these pages however.

How do I do this?
    http://elnews-new.unm.edu/index.php/2015/07/
    http://elnews-new.unm.edu/index.php/category/online/

Thanks!

P.S. My blog uses the masonry layout. I also submitted another support ticket, which said I wanted to use the left-sidebar layout on these pages, but the no-sidebar layout on the home page, which is set to latest posts.

bdbrown

Hi Sharon. Give this css a try in your child theme:

.masonry-container article {
        margin-top: 20px;
    }

Sharon Steely

Thanks again bdbrown! Both of your suggestions were so spot-on and worked so well!

I already spent some time trying to figure things out, so I very much appreciate your sharing the exact code for the solution. I made the suggested changes in seconds and now the site is working as I wanted it to work.

Thanks for saving me more hours on the attempts at a fix.

Could this theme get any better? 🙂

bdbrown

You’re welcome; glad to help 🙂

Could this theme get any better?

I’m sure Tom has something up his sleeve… We’ll just have to wait and see.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.