[Resolved] page header issue after update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] page header issue after update

Home Forums Support page header issue after update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kristy

Hi there. I’ve got custom page headers and they have been working for a year or so. With the recent update if I update a page it saves but strips the inline css from the header. I have 7 pages with custom headers that are all a bit different, hence the inline css. Is this a bug or an issue? The header editor box says “HTML and shortcodes allowed”… but css is not?
    Advice appreciated! Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This did change in the most recent version. For security reasons, we’re preventing any potentially dangerous code from being added into the post_meta table in the database.

Previously, anything and everything was allowed in the Page Header. Now, it only accepts the same code that the actual WP editor accepts, which is all HTML except for scripts and styles.

Instead of adding your <style> tags in the Page Header, I suggest using a plugin like Simple CSS.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Dominik Kovarik

Hi there, I have the same issue. Can you help me how can I display this script on my custom page header? When I put it in page header editor it disappears. Where and how can I put it somewhere else to be displayed on my page header?

This is the script:
    <script src=”https://app.smartemailing.cz//public/web-forms/subscribe/13017-qaynkdr45ldzb8qzal8lo7138s5dwn1knabd4l6no0m9kuqxoi3pkoqoxadx85af5dl4bwhf0g38zz5c9bchdy1jol7c2u7ep2kk&#8221; id=”se-webformScriptLoader-qaynkdr45ldzb8qzal8lo7138s5dtn1knabd4l6no0m9kuqxoi3pkoqoxadx85af94dl4bwhf0g38zz5c9bchdy1jol7c2u7ep2kk”></script>

Thank you for help.

Kristy

Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Scripts should be added in the wp_footer hook in GP Hooks.

Or you can use a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts-inserter/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.