[Support request] Page Header for Archive Pages not hiding site header

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page Header for Archive Pages not hiding site header

Home Forums Support Page Header for Archive Pages not hiding site header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    stlayman

Hey there, while using your awesome Page Header module, I’ve applied the custom header to my global settings for “Archive”, search results, 404, and post… and also applied it to all post categories. But on my archives pages, the new header is showing in addition to the default header which I am hiding on all the other pages. So the archives show BOTH headers unless I use CSS to “hide” the site-header – the no header appears. How to get only the custom page header to show on the archive pages while hiding the default header for the entire site?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try this CSS:

.archive .site-header {
        display: none;
    }

Let me know.

stlayman

Hi Leo, take a look, I had that bit of CSS in and it didn’t work. It’s back now and only shows my default header, not my custom page header. Global settings for Post Type: Archives is set to show my page header.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s the error404 page.

Are you wanting to remove header globally?

If so try this function: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_header/

stlayman

Yes, I want to remove the default header globally.
    I just added your referenced function and no header is showing at this point.
    So I want to show my custom page header site-wide, including the archive pages.
    The 404 page is working as are the category pages, etc.., it’s just the archives that are giving me trouble :O
    Thanks again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

stlayman

I’m thinking that a custom page header just doesn’t work on post archive pages. I’ll look for a future patch.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I didn’t know there is another question now.

Are you talking about this? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-global-locations/#post-types-–-archives

stlayman

Same question all along, the custom page header is not working on WordPress default archive pages. Is this supposed to work? I don’t use any custom post types.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh yeah I see.

It’s not possible right now but it’s in the plan!

stlayman

Great, I’ll look for that. I have a few more weeks before the site launches. As a side note, I am using a BeaverBuilder (shortcode slug) template for the page header content area, which works fine on every page except the archives page.

I was hoping this action would work, but it did not πŸ™

/*————————————*/
    /* INSERT SHORT CODE custom page header after header */
    /*————————————*/
    function my_page_header() {
    if(is_archive()) {
    echo do_shortcode(‘[fl_builder_insert_layout slug=”blog-menu-top”]’);
    }
    }
    add_action( ‘fl_before_content’, ‘my_page_header’ );

Thanks for taking a look,
    I’ll check back

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

stlayman

Hi Leo, just to follow-up, I’ve installed the latest version 1.5 on a /beta site. So now under Global Locations I see the following:

Taxonomies – Archives
    Categories
    Tags
    Format
    Categories (appears twice for some reason!)

Does the latest update enable custom page headers to display on archive pages? If so, how would I enable the default WordPress archive pages (by month/year)?
    Thanks again

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GPP 1.5 allows global Page Headers on taxonomy archives (categories, tags etc..).

Date archives and author archives currently aren’t supported (but are planned).

stlayman

Good to know, thanks Tom πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.