[Support request] Page Header Blog

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page Header Blog

Home Forums Support Page Header Blog

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Raquel

The page header blog is show only if I set it on global location/ Post Page(Blog). So this means that in each blog page (I have two blog pages because my site is bilingual) the edit page/page header option is not valid. Is there a way to make this option valid so I can have diffrents page headers on blogs?

GP Premium 1.7.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not quite sure what you mean.

Your page is under coming soon page. Any chance you can unlock so we can see?

Also the Page Header add-on has been replaced with the Header Element so I would recommend start using the new module:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

The Display Rule might help with your current situation as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#display-rules

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Raquel

I dnt know what you dont undernstand.
    I mean what I need to do is to have two differents headers for the blog page(because i have one blog page for english and other for spanish) but with the option global locations just let me have ONE header for post page.

Check again my website please.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m not sure if it can be done easily.

Are you using WPML? If so can you see if this post offers any insight? I believe it was the same issue:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/wpml-page-header-global-locations/

Raquel

Not I´m not using WPML, Im with Polylang.
    But what Im asking is, Is there a way to make this option(blog –> edit page–>page header) valid so I can have differents page headers on blogs with GeneratePress? Not using global locations.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are referring to the metabox I assume?

If so unfortunately no. WordPress ignores metabox values on index pages (blog, archive) by default and there isn’t anything we can do.

I’ll ask Tom if he sees a work around 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you have different blogs on different pages, you should be able to use the Elements module to apply two different headers to those different blogs (assuming they’re categories or static pages).

Switching out headers on a single blog depending on language might be pretty difficult, but should be do-able. Let me know if that’s what you’re looking for and I’ll try to come up with a solution 🙂

Raquel

Hi Tom! Thanks for your answer.
    Yes exactly I have two differents pages (both are blogs statics). What I normaly do to set the header on the other pages, was to create an other page headers and set it on the option for the page. But this do not work because the global location option on blogs.

I just want to change the phrase below the “BLOGS” thats all I want to change.
    Could you explain how can I use the elements module?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Raquel

And this works for blogs? The global location has been deleted?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

For each header you create in Elements, there is a Display Locations tab. From which you can select any of the pages, posts, taxonomies etc. So you should be able to select the relevant page or archive to assign each of your headers.

Raquel

Ok, thanks I thought it was a way to do it with my actual version1.6.2.
    I´ll keep looking maybe with code.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you have the 1.7 update you can still use Elements and keep the 1.6 Page Headers, they appear under Legacy Headers in Elements, although its advisable to update them to. Happy to help if needed 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.