[Resolved] Page header Above content area, just on front page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page header Above content area, just on front page

Home Forums Support Page header Above content area, just on front page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    blackbird

Hi, I have not found the answer to this:

I have Page headers set to “Inside Content Area” for my Pages. And I use features images on most of them, no problem. But on our static Front page only I would like to change that location to “Above content area”. Is that easily done? How?

(I want to show a 100% content wide slide show between the header sektion and content, you know like everyone has done it for years… I have put the shortcode in a Page header and it is working fine, except I do not want it small in my content area next to the sidebar, it must span above both content and sidebar.)

(I am on 1.4.2)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Try this:

add_filter( 'generate_page_header_location', 'tu_dynamic_page_header_location' );
    function tu_dynamic_page_header_location( $location ) {
        if ( is_front_page() ) {
            return 'above-content';
        }

return $location;
    }

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

blackbird

Yeah! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Oh how simple when you know how to do it, I tried some hooks and different heading solutions that did not do it, but I am new to PHP. This works perfect for just changing one page.

Thank you so much, I learned something new in the process and the Code snippet was also a new nice plugin.

Solved.

blackbird

By the way, I love working with Generatepress!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Great to hear ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.