- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 5 months ago by David.
May 16, 2018 at 11:11 am #577359Rob
I have 2 Page Header templates
One for a Single Blog Post – which shows the post title – and date. But I cannot seem to get it so it adds the image.
I have a template for normal wordpress page. With the “post title” shortcode thing in the text field. Which works great for normal pages. Although it doesnt seem to working for the actual “blog” page.
The image does appear for this, just not page title.
I have even tried telling that Blog page to use that particular header within the edit screen of the page.
Is it possible also, to have the featured image of the Post appear within the page header at all with this theme?GP Premium 1.6.2May 16, 2018 at 11:48 am #577391DavidStaffCustomer Support
for the single post header it looks as though you have set background colour as overlay, the color is solid so is hiding the image. Just make it transparent.
If you select Add background image, but don’t add an image to the page header it will use the posts featured image.
For the blog page title – just use some static text instead of the template tag.May 16, 2018 at 11:50 am #577397LeoStaffCustomer Support
– For the single blog post page header, there is a solid color being applied on top of your image. Removing that should make the image display: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-content/#use-background-color-as-overlay
– For the blog page, normally there isn’t a title “Blog” added unlike static pages and posts. I would recommend creating a separate page header and just manually add in the title like this:
– To use featured image as page header background image, simply create a page header and turn Add Background image option on without uploading a background image, then it will automatically grab the featured image you uploaded.
Let me know if this helps 🙂May 16, 2018 at 11:51 am #577401LeoStaffCustomer SupportMay 16, 2018 at 12:14 pm #577408Rob
Thanks so much – that worked a treat 🙂May 16, 2018 at 12:25 pm #577428
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.