[Support request] Page Header

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page Header

Home Forums Support Page Header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hi,

I have 2 Page Header templates

One for a Single Blog Post – which shows the post title – and date. But I cannot seem to get it so it adds the image.

Also,

I have a template for normal wordpress page. With the “post title” shortcode thing in the text field. Which works great for normal pages. Although it doesnt seem to working for the actual “blog” page.

The image does appear for this, just not page title.

I have even tried telling that Blog page to use that particular header within the edit screen of the page.

Is it possible also, to have the featured image of the Post appear within the page header at all with this theme?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Rob,

for the single post header it looks as though you have set background colour as overlay, the color is solid so is hiding the image. Just make it transparent.

If you select Add background image, but don’t add an image to the page header it will use the posts featured image.

For the blog page title – just use some static text instead of the template tag.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Rob,

– For the single blog post page header, there is a solid color being applied on top of your image. Removing that should make the image display: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-content/#use-background-color-as-overlay

– For the blog page, normally there isn’t a title “Blog” added unlike static pages and posts. I would recommend creating a separate page header and just manually add in the title like this:
    <h1>Blog</h1>

– To use featured image as page header background image, simply create a page header and turn Add Background image option on without uploading a background image, then it will automatically grab the featured image you uploaded.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

David beats me to it πŸ™‚

Rob

Legends!!

Thanks so much – that worked a treat πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Rob. Great looking site btw

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.