[Resolved] Page excerpts find and edit

Home Forums Support Page excerpts find and edit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gwyneth

Hello GP people
    My pages have manual excerpts which are displayed in the Content Views Pro plugin. I need to edit the excerpts and am stuck, I can’t find them anywhere when I go into page edit. I use GP Premium with Gutenberg but started out with Total theme, then the excerpts appeared near featured image. Sorry if Im being a bit thick, this should be obvious but…
    Gwyneth

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Gwyneth

The article is about posts not pages. I am trying to find the manual excerpts I added on pages before I changed theme and builder. Looking at the article link you give shows the page in edit mode with screen options as it used to look. When I edit a page now I cannot find screen options or excerpts. I could send you some screen shots but can’t see how to add them. Sorry for being thick but this is driving me nuts!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry WordPress doesn’t allow excerpt on pages by default so I’m not sure where it would be added.

Maybe through a plugin?

Gwyneth

Ok a bit of googleing, it seems that excerpts on pages used to be standard on wp and was removed https://www.ostraining.com/blog/wordpress/add-excerpts-to-wordpress-pages/ and I need to add some code to restore it. Ooops can’t do code. Will have to find someone to help me.

Gwyneth

Oh Leo! I did it! I added the bit of code from the article to Code Snippets plugin and WOW! Excerpts are back on pages. You cannot imagine how overwhelmed and relieved a non-coder feels in doing something like this. Phew!

Gwyneth

Resolved

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.