[Resolved] Page Builder Container Layout Meta Box not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Builder Container Layout Meta Box not working

Home Forums Support Page Builder Container Layout Meta Box not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clemence

Hello,

I’m having an issue with the Layout meta box, the “page builder container” tab is not working: there is a greyish overlay and i cannot click anything. All the other tabs in the same meta box work fine.
    Also if I want to change the page layout through the Element menu, it only works if the page builder container was previously set to Default.
    Because when I noticed I couldn’t change the layout using the meta box, I went to the element menu to do it. One page that was set to default (and changed to fullwidth) worked, and one set to fullwidth that i wanted to change into contained didn’t work.

I’m sure it’s something stupid that I am not seeing, but I’m stuck for now so if you have any idea of what I’m missing, it’ll be greatly appreciated!

Fyi the theme and GP Premium plugin are up to date.

Thank you,
    Clémence

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s really strange.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know 🙂

Clemence

Hello Leon,

I just disabled all the plugins except GP Premium and the issue was still there. Then I disabled GP Premium last and the issue disappeared, i could click all the options in the meta box again.
    Now I have re-activated all the plugin, except GP Premium.
    What should I do?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Very odd that GP Premium would be the cause – haven’t had this reported before so we would need to do a little further debugging.

Can you activate GP premium plugin again but deactivate all modules:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Then reactivate the module one by one and try to identify which module is causing the issue.

Let me know 🙂

Clemence

Hello! I fixed it (more or less). So I identified the module Element to be the problem. Then I realized in my Element menu, I had a Layout Element that I set to all Pages to “Contained”, if I change it to “Default” or delete it, it doesn’t block the layout meta box in the pages anymore.

I don’t know if you can reproduce it on your end, but it would be nice to be able to change individual pages layout even if there is a layout selected for all pages in the Element menu.

Thank you for guiding me through the debug!

Cheers

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome!

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.