[Resolved] Overwrite existing site settings.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Overwrite existing site settings.

Home Forums Support Overwrite existing site settings.

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eddy

Hi,

I’m currently using a thrive themes theme, but recently installed your theme on a fresh blog and I love it. I’m ready to make the switch.

My question is, if I install your theme and import theme setting like the marketer theme, will this override the settings I have with thrive theme. Will it delete my existing pages? Will be custom css be removed from the old theme?

I’m just concerned if I decide to switch back to my old theme for whatever reason. All my custom css changes will be gone.

Please advise how importing a generate press theme and content affects a site with existing themes and css changes.

Thanks.

Eddy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

will this override the settings I have with thrive theme.

What settings are you referring to here? Setting in Thrive? If so no.

Will it delete my existing pages? Will be custom css be removed from the old theme?

No and no.

We usually recommend importing sites from the library to new installs only. If you want to do it for an existing install, then it’s best to do it in a staging environment, then duplicate it over to the live site when you are ready.

Eddy

Sounds good. I’ll work from a staging enviornment first. Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.