[Resolved] Outlook iframe breaking menus

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Outlook iframe breaking menus

Home Forums Support Outlook iframe breaking menus

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mick

Hi Folks

I have a page on my site that is just an iframe to an outlook calendar page. The page loads fine but the the menus seem to be broken.

The page is

https://www.stjohnsshirley.org.uk/church-calendar/

If you load it and then – for example access the “contact menu” down arrow you will see it doen’t drop down and you just end up with a # and the end of the url.

We have just moved to outlook from Google so this is a new problem for me.

Any help much appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing the issue – if i hover over the Contact for example i see both the drop down menu items… both links work. Tested on Chrome, FF and Safari.
    The parent Menu item ie. Contact doesn’t have a URL – which should be set in the Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

Mick

Hi David, Thanks for the quick reply, Sorry I’d changed the menu from Click (arrow) to Hover – that kind of gets me a work around for desktop but mobile is still an issue – when the menu collapses so you have the Menu (three bars) – that won’t open at all.

I’ve put it back to click (arrow), the mobile issue still happens in Chrome/ Edge in device emulation fromn dev tools.

Thanks

Mick

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see the issue but not sure why.

Might be a dumb question but have you tried removing that <iframe> code? Are we sure that’s the issue?

What if you insert another <iframe> code?

Mick

Hi Leo

Thanks for taking a look. If I remove the iFrame the menu works so there is some conflict somewhere with whatever outlook OWa is doing.

I’ve tried using the developer tools but I can’t see what’s happening.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The iframe HTML is broken: https://www.screencast.com/t/FGREDjArBr

It should look like this:

<iframe></iframe>

Mick

Tom, Doh! Sorry, many thanks for spotting that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.