[Support request] Out of memory error – WordPress – Appearance – Customize

Home Forums Support [Support request] Out of memory error – WordPress – Appearance – Customize

Home Forums Support Out of memory error – WordPress – Appearance – Customize

• This topic has 16 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Elvin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Alan

Hi

Its been a little while since I have logged into my website and today I noticed that I am getting an out of memory error when I am in the WordPress dashboard and I click on “Appearance” and then “Customize”. What could be causing this? I have contacted my hosting company and they have updated the .htaccess on my account, and increased php memory on my account but this has not fixed the problem.

Thanks for any assistance

Out of Memory

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you’ve tried disabling all plugins and see if that helps at all?

Let me know 🙂

Alan

Hi Leo

I disabled all of the plugins and it seems fine. I re-enabled all of them except the Yoast one and it was fine. Maybe its related to Yoast somehow?

Regards,

Alan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I don’t think so. We have lots of users using Yoast and I haven’t heard this being mentioned before.

You can try activating Yoast again.

Alan

I have reactivated it. I don’t seem to get the out of memory error with Yoast deactivated but even with all plugins deactivated except GP Premium, if I go to appearance-customize and then I select a heading like widgets – footer widgets and then I click the down arrow for custom HTML Sparkys Plus, it hangs and I get another error “This page is not responding”

Regards

Alan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry what is Sparkys Plus?

Are you able to activate a twenty series theme temporarily and see if the issue exist there as well?

This would help us to narrow down the issue.

Alan

Can I ask you to log on and have a look for me?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can’t seem to replicate the issue on my end:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/g1xboFwcYxB

I have a feeling that it might be a browser issue. Can you try a different browser or device?

Alan

I just tried on chrome and it also did it

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you take a look at this screen capture here and see if I did the correct steps to reproduce the issue?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/g1xboFwcYxB

Alan

Yes that’s exactly what I’m trying to do but I either get the out of memory error or it hangs

Alan

Thanks very much for your help Leo.

It must be something to do with my computer. I just tried another computer and its fine. This computer is only 3 months old so its not out of date. Both computers are running windows 10 but for some reason mine wont allow me to access the “customise” area on my wordpress. I can do everything else on my website just not the customise settings. Any idea how I would fault find that?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately I really have no idea about this.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a browser app/extension conflicting.

So the issue is in Firefox and Chrome? Did you try incognito/private mode?

If that doesn’t help then I really don’t know what else to look for..

John

Hello, I have the exact same problem.

Alan

Hi John

Are you by any chance running Dashlane on your computer? I found that if I disabled it then I no longer had a problem.

Regards,

Alan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.