[Resolved] Optimum image sizes

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Optimum image sizes

Home Forums Support Optimum image sizes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    horizonblue

Hi there

I know some of this will be dependent on layout, but I’d really like some rough guidance on the best image sizes to start with when building a site with premium GP.

For example, when cropping Featured images, is there a good size? I don’t want to start cutting them all to 350px wide for example, only to find that they render badly in certain circumstances. Likewise, I’d like to know a fail-safe width for images in articles too – full, medium and thumbnail.

I’m right at the start of building, so not 100% on some elements of layout, but would like to use sensible sizes from the get go if possible, so as to avoid creating extra work further down the line.

Thanks for your help

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It really does depend on layout, unfortunately. For example, if you want your images to be full width on mobile, they should be at least that size to start with (a bit more for better quality).

If your featured images are displaying in a single column, they need to be much wider than they would if you’re using columns on the site (for example).

Luckily, you can always change the image sizes as you go along – you won’t be stuck with the size you choose right now as you begin building.

horizonblue

Thanks for your message. It would be really helpful if there were minimum size requirements for each image type, but I guess there are simply too many variables when it comes to layout.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Exactly, the variables are endless. Once you start building the sizes necessary should become clear 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.