[Resolved] Optimizing for mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Optimizing for mobile

Home Forums Support Optimizing for mobile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Janani

Dear team

I am almost done with the desktop version of my website.
    1. Should I be doing anything in particular to optimize the website for mobile? Changing any settings, etc?
    2. Can the page header settings for desktop (%,px) be the same as mobile?
    3.The front page button ‘Sign up’ shows all crunched up on mobile while the other buttons show up in the normal size. Is there a way to show the normal size like other buttons?

Warm regards,

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. It’s all personal preference.

2. The padding option in the header element does have desktop and mobile toggle for specific settings:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#padding

3. Can you disable the caching plugin first so I can take a closer look at the code?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/A9AikiFVw

Janani

Dear Leo,

1. With regard to my first query, what I am trying to understand is – does GP have specific functionality to customize the mobile version? Or is it automatically optimized for mobile? I am a novice, so just wondering how other GP users customize their website on mobile.
    2. Yes, I have disabled the caching plugin. Please check. All other buttons are appearing full length except the sign up button at the bottom.

Warm regards,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Yes GP provides mobile responsive options. Within the Customizer you will see a mobile icon beside some of the settings. By selecting the icon can change that setting specifically for mobile.

2. Edit your Footer Padding you currently have 150px left and right padding. Reduce this to a more sensible value.

Janani

Dear David

Thanks, I will check this out.

Warm regards,

Janani

Resolved.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.