[Support request] Open Graph and Featured Images

Home Forums Support [Support request] Open Graph and Featured Images

Home Forums Support Open Graph and Featured Images

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your screenshot link doesn’t work, can you check?

Kia

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 20.33.18.png

Kia

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 20.45.40.png

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

The featured image is not shown as featured image in the post, you can do the same with GP.

Go to customizer > layout > blog > Featured Images > posts, uncheck the Display featured images box, then use the same way (WP image block) to add the image to the post content.

Let me know if that works on your GP site πŸ™‚

Kia

Okay, Ying. Thank you for your help but I don’t think we’re going to solve this.

I know I can hide featured images via the customizer etc. But this isn’t the problem. GP inserts an “og:image” into the header which is overriding the one set by Yoast. In other themes, this isn’t a problem but in OG I can’t seem to get it to read the one from Yoast. Perhaps it’s a Facebook API issue.

Thanks again for your help – I appreciate your time. πŸ™‚

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome, but GP doesn’t add og:image, have a look at this, it’s a single post page of a GP site, with its featured image enabled in customizer:
    11.29.2021-13.33.40

There’s no og:imagein the head area.

The og:image you saw on your sites are added by Yoast SEO.

I’m not sure why Yoast SEO didn’t add the featured image as og:image on the other sites while a featured image is assigned. That’s I was trying to figure out.

But maybe it should be a question for the Yoast SEO?

Kia

Strange. I’ve removed Yoast SEO from our site and there’s still an og:image in the head area of a post. So it’s being added from somewhere…

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 21.49.45.png

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you clear cache then disable all plugins except GP Premium to test?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Robert

We are experiencing this same problem on our site. Did you ever figure out what was causing this?

Robert

Okay, never mind. The problem was our social sharing plugin had an option enabled that added some open graph tags.

Kia

No. What plugin was it, Robert?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kia,

Have you tried clear cache including server cache then disable all plugins to test?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.