[Resolved] Only 1 Search Result Does not Take Archive Template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Only 1 Search Result Does not Take Archive Template

Home Forums Support Only 1 Search Result Does not Take Archive Template

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Something odd is happening. When we do a search in WordPress, all results carry the archive template that was built in Elements. There is one specific term that we search and found that the archive template does not take. It’s odd. I have disabled all plugins except for GP and GB and added creds. Can you take a look? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

Do you have any cache plugins enabled? If so, can you disable them for now.

And go to GenerarateBlocks > settings, hit the regenerate CSS Files button.

Let me know if it works.

By the way, the WP login requires Google Authenticator code, can you disable that for now so we can have a look at the backend πŸ™‚

Ian

The live site has everything running but I am pretty sure I have disable everything in the staging site. Just disabled Google authenticator as well so things should work. There is only GB and GP running right now. Thank you Ying!

Ian

Almost forgot. I have tried regenerating GB and GP css files. So odd it’s only happening for that one search term.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s certainly very weird, can’t figure it out.

I’ll forward this to Tom and have him take a look πŸ™‚

Ian

Thank you so much!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome!

It might take some time for Tom to respond, he’s a busy man πŸ˜›

Ian

Absolutely. Thx so much!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird one. If you edit the first post in those results – is the content using blocks? Or is it using a “Classic” block? If it’s using a Classic block, can you try converting it to regular blocks?

Ian

Hi Tom, thanks for taking a look. I was actually wondering if something in these specific posts would break the archive template.

This site is moving away from Classic Editor and over to Gutenberg all using GP and GB. I went in to one of the posts and clicked on Convert to Blocks and nothing happened. I wonder if this issue is related.

I was able to convert the 2nd post to Blocks, saved it but the search results still show the same odd layout.

Any more thoughts?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

That post is the issue.

I tried setting the post’s status to draft so it stays out of the search results, and then the issue’s got fixed.

I guess you’ll need to manually convert the post to blocks.

Ian

Wow, amazing sleuthing skills Tom and Ying. I was wondering if it might have been inside posts causing this. I can replicate the fix from my end. Will roll this out to the live site, thank you gang!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome πŸ™‚

Glad to help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.