[Support request] One of my global colors doesn’t work.

Home Forums Support [Support request] One of my global colors doesn’t work.

Home Forums Support One of my global colors doesn’t work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan

I have a few global colours defined and they all work in the Gutenberg editor, but one of them doesn’t work on the front end.

I usually use my colours as background colours to sections or paragraphs, but this one colour with the id of info2 just doesn’t display on the front end. If I switch to a different global colour it works just fine.

I created a test post on the staging site (link in other box) that shows examples of colours working, and the one that does not. Inspecting the CSS I can see that the colour is correctly defined, but for some reason, if you inspect the element, the background colour information is missing.

In these examples I’m using the global colour as a background colour, but the same problem occurs when using the colour for other things such as text colour.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dan,

Can you try change the global color name to info-2 instead of info2?

Dan

If I do that, will it mess up existing instances of the colour on the site?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, I’m afraid so, all the blocks that are using this color correctly at this moment will need to be re-assigned the newly named color again.

You can try add a new global color with the same color code, name it info-x and see if it works in the WP blocks.

Just keep in mind, when you name the global color, a - is recommended to connect letters and numbers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.