[Resolved] Off-Canvas Panel closes after Nav item Click/Tap

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Off-Canvas Panel closes after Nav item Click/Tap

Home Forums Support Off-Canvas Panel closes after Nav item Click/Tap

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Junior Gong

To reproduce:

1. go to menu button top right
    2. click on one of the nav items (Tools, Equipment, tc)
    3. The off canvas panel closes which should not happen

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That is the normal behavior as Tools is actually a menu item link which links to this page: SiteURL/tools.

Perhaps try this?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#custom-link

Junior Gong

Max Mega menu is configured to open the link (eg /tools/ on the second click. The first click only expands the submenu. Hence I want to keep the URL link for the menu item.

I want the submenu to expand and the slideout/off-canvas panel to stay open.
    How do I achieve this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm not sure if I’m missing something but I don’t see Max Mega menu implemented on the linked site?

Junior Gong

sorry, just changed the URL in the first post

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Max Mega menu is configured to open the link (eg /tools/ on the second click.

This isn’t the case for me. It only takes one click to get to the Tools page for me:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/rfXYppldBX1

Maybe you can create a new menu specifically for mobile and make the Tools a custom link so it just expands the submenu?

If parent menu is an actual link currently, it will close and take you to that page when you click on it – this is the normal behaviour.

Junior Gong

Sry I can’t open the screencast link since it requires flash player.

Here is my experience:
    https://www.loom.com/share/3943a8b45a654e378e57968a7e80c880

As you can see, the tap on “Tools” closes the slideout panel which it should not do.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you tested this on a real device? I am not experiencing the issue on my iPhone. Let us know.

Stephane Bergeron

I know this is an old post but I’m experiencing the exact same thing here. I put an Elementor template with two menus in it in the Off-Canvas widget. Works great on desktop but on any tablet or smartphone, when I tap an item with a submenu, it closes the off-canvas panel after flashing the sub-menu for half a second or so and does not go to any other page. I tried it even with a regular menu widget. Same thing. again, works great on desktop where I have an actual “hover” interaction.

I also tried with another Elementor menu widget that, like the OP here, opens the sub menu on first tap then you need to tap again to actually go to the new page. Also worked fine on desktop and not on tablet/mobile.

Tested in both Chrome device emulation AND an iPhone, my Note 20 and an Android tablet and it fails the same way on all but desktop.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

seen your new topic – we will respond there asap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.