[Resolved] Off canvas menu issue (i found a bug?)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Off canvas menu issue (i found a bug?)

Home Forums Support Off canvas menu issue (i found a bug?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ferhat

Hey,

i created a menu and set it as “off canvas menu”, because we dont want to have a classic menu-bar.
    If you do it like that, the menu items will be shown in off-canvas menu and also as a classic menu bar.

To solve this problem, you habe to create a blank ghost menu and set this as one as primary menu.
    I think this is to tricky for a beginner and brings a lot of frustration. I needed to test and tweak 1 hour to find out, even i am a experienced generatepress user.

Here are the images.
    Here you can see the issue:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ywDVmfsyVclx72iowMhutwxc8qwjFQWs/view?usp=sharing

Here is the way to solve it:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m6hZnUTfevkPpZ8BZdsgr2BgbQs0tg5D/view?usp=sharing

i will leave login-datas for you guys to see the proof.

Pls can you inform Tom about it, so generatepress will give us more flexibility in the menus without having frustration.

regardly
    Ferhat

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats how it was intended to work – it means you can have both the Off Canvas and Primary Navigation displayed on Desktop. Some people use the Off Canvas on desktop for other functions such as Woo Filters.

To solve this problem, you habe to create a blank ghost menu and set this as one as primary menu.

And yes that is the best way to remove the primary nav that WP will fill if it has no menu assigned to it.

But we are reviewing the Off Canvas Panel in a future update and part of that will add more flexibility to its display controls.

Ferhat

Ok, I understand. Thank you for your reply.
    Regardly
    Ferhat

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

YOu’re welcome

Lester

I am having the same problem and very frustrating. This was suppose to be an essay theme to use…

Ferhat

Hey Lester,
    the only way to solve it is like i mentioned in my opeing thread:

I think this is to tricky for a beginner and brings a lot of frustration. I needed to test and tweak 1 hour to find out, even i am a experienced generatepress user.

Hope that helps.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Lester,

sorry to hear this has caused some frustration. It is something we are looking into for future updates.

Thanks Ferhat for replying so promptly. Much appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.