[Resolved] Off Canvas Filter

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Off Canvas Filter

Home Forums Support Off Canvas Filter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ash

Added off canvas product filter like niche theme. But when active on mobile, the main navigation also opens the filter?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So you don’t want the filter to show on mobile?

Ash

Yes. But view my site in mobile view and then click main menu you will see what I mean.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

To hide the filter on mobile, try adding the hide-on-mobile class as a custom CSS class for that widget:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/responsive-display/#using-our-hide-on-classes

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Ash

I know how to hide something that’s not what this post is about.

As I stated main menu is opening filter for some strange reason, view the website in mobile view and click main menu and you will see what I mean.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have a menu assigned to the off canvas panel?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

Or am I still missing something?

Ash

Off canvas panel is used as a product filter only, no menu is assigned to it.

I have my menus setup, but once I added the off canvas filter, on mobile devices my main menu now opens that filter for some reason

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the way Niche works is by having the Primary Navigation also located in the Off Canvas Panel with the Woo Widgets.

We then use this CSS to hide the nav in the off canvas for desktop:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
        .slideout-navigation .main-nav {
            display: none;
        }
    }

and the HTML used to create the filter toggle has the hide-on-mobile class.

This is the only way you can make off canvas filter widgets work for all devices at this time.

If you want separate menus and separate off canvas filters you will need to add an Off Canvas Plugin

Ash

That’s a shame, maybe something to look into in the future. It makes sense for an off canvas filter on a mobile device more than desktop, I would just use a sidebar if I only wanted it on desktop. I’ll have to do without have enough plugins already. Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah – its my fault for making Niche. Off Canvas was never really designed for what we did…. but its on our roadmap to look at other features with it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.