[Support request] Not sure where to start – how do I do this?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Not sure where to start – how do I do this?

Home Forums Support Not sure where to start – how do I do this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mdgallagherdesign

Hi guys!

We use GP for pretty much every site we do, and I have a client that is looking for something like this page. https://www.mileenddeli.com/

Most of it isn’t an issue. It is the look and feel when you get midway where there is a black box over a picture High Holidays, with text and a learn more CTA. Is this something doable, I know this site was done in squarespace, but we are using wordpress exclusively.

Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

A lot of designers would resort to using a page builder to create this content. I would use Sections and within as per the squarespace site use a flex box to create this. The example is an outer flex container with two nested divs both occupying 50% width the left hand has overflow visible allowing the image to extend behind the content of the second column which has a nested div containing the text and CTA with some inner padding and some margins to position and probably a z-index adjustment to move it to the front. But yes all is possible with GP and some code

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could also use relative and absolute positioning.

For example:

Overlay text

Then some CSS:

.box-container {
        position: relative;
    }

.box-text {
        background: black;
        color: white;
        padding: 30px;
        position: absolute;
        right: -30px;
    }

Obviously that’s just thrown together and will need tweaking, but hopefully it’s a start 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.