[Support request] not showing (youtube videos, google maps)

Home Forums Support [Support request] not showing (youtube videos, google maps)

Home Forums Support not showing (youtube videos, google maps)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Vera

Hi,
    I noticed that for some reason embedded google maps and youtube videos don’t show on my site. Can you please have a look?
    Thanks a lot!
    vera

Vera

And this isn’t a case on all posts, just on some.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the embed is empty – which usually means the server is not being reached – have you checked the videos URLS are correct ?

Vera

Hi David,
    yes, I did, both, video and the map are ok. I see them and I also perfectly see them on my drafted post in German. Any other idea?
    Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which translation plugin are you using ? Have you checked with their support ?

Vera

I am using WPML. But, I never had these issues with other themes. Since I switched to Generatepress (which I love, btw), I have these issues, but you guys always turn me to yet another plugin developer. If it was a plugin issue, wouldn’t it be happening with other themes as well and not only with Generatepress? Can you please (please) look into the page and try to figure out what’s causing it (thinking that maybe it has something to do with Generatepress).
    I would appreciate a lot.
    Thank you in advance for all your help.
    vera

Vera

Other posts like https://www.frankaboutcroatia.com/split-croatia/ display embedded Google map without any problem. So I don’t think it has anything to do with the WPML plugin.
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

GP doesn’t do anything to interfere with content being rendered on the front end. I searched from WPML embed not displaying on translated pages and several topics have been raised by others.

Of them this one received a working fix:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/video-audio-embed-code-or-content-translation/

Maybe that helps?

Vera

I will check when I am at my desk. However, I don’t have a problem with translated content, that works fine. I have a problem with original post that I haven’t had before using GP. And it happens only on certain posts, not all. It happens with Google maps and not only with videos.
    Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Videos and Maps are both added using an embed/iframe function. So the two problems are related.
    GP doesn’t have any involvement with your posts content. It doesn’t know you have added an iframe and doesn’t do anything that would effect its display.

My thoughts towards it being a possible WPML issue is purely because a. the iframe displays in one language and not another and b. there are some other users who have experienced a similar issue.

On that topic the support person replies with this:
    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/video-audio-embed-code-or-content-translation/#post-2530259

I am not a WPML user so i cannot say whether that is something related or not – but maybe its worth checking ?

The other thing to check is if there are any other plugins that may be conflicting.

Vera

Thanka, David! I’ll try to figure it out.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. Let us know if you find an answer

Vera

Hi David,
    I have found what’s causing <iframe> to go blank, but I don’t know how to stop that happening.

It seems that TinyMCE adds a weird code within <iframe> tags. the code is:

<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start lazyload”></span>

Once when I deleted it, the embedded content shows up.
    Do you know how can I prevent TinyMCE of doing it?
    Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am afraid i do not know what would be causing that or how to stop it.
    You may want to check for other plugin conflicts first before asking on the WordPress forums

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.