[Resolved] Not possible to update image title and alt text in the media tab

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Not possible to update image title and alt text in the media tab

Home Forums Support Not possible to update image title and alt text in the media tab

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard

Hello,
    Actually I can’t update title and alt text of images in the media tab, the update “hangs”. But it is possible to change image title and alt text in the block editor and it is stored correctly. Unfortunately, I do not know where the problem comes from. There have been so many updates in the last few days. I rolled back some plugins without success.
    See temporary login and link to a media file in the private information.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Bernhard,

More often than not, issues like these stem from a low PHP memory limit. Can you check you’re memory limit, and try to increase it to 256M if it’s lower than this value?

You can check the PHP memory limit in Tools > Site Health > Info > Server.

Lastly, the login link isn’t working. Can you check?

Bernhard

Hi Fernando,
    the php memory is at 768M.
    I see that the test environment disappeared from DNS. Below the login to the live site.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. Does the issue occur when you try to change data from any image? Can you upload a test image we can tinker with to test the occurrence of the issue?

Have you also checked the error log of your site?

Here’s an article you may refer to with regards to debugging: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Bernhard

OK, I uploaded an image, link is in the private section. It happens with every image.

In the activity log I don’t see problems.

Fernando
    Customer Support

To confirm, does it occur on your end with this newly uploaded image as well?

Bernhard

Hi Fernando,
    yes.
    I inserted now the debugging in the wp-config.php but there is no debug.log file.

Bernhard

Hello,
    Now the debug.log is there and it says
    PHP Deprecated: Die Funktion get_the_excerpt wurde mit einem Argument aufgerufen, das seit Version 2.3.0 <strong>veraltet ist</strong> und es ist keine Alternative verfügbar. in /home/********/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5675

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using any plugins that add features to the Media Library ?

Bernhard

Hi David,
    in the media editor I see polylang, rankmath and the sidebar plugin.
    Disabling rankmath, it works. What shall I tell them?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can show them the error you have received:

PHP Deprecated: Die Funktion get_the_excerpt wurde mit einem Argument aufgerufen, das seit Version 2.3.0 <strong>veraltet ist</strong> und es ist keine Alternative verfügbar. in /home/********/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5675

And let them know the issue went away after disabling the plugin.

One other quick question – did you update your servers PHP version ? As that may be related to this issue

Bernhard

Yes, it is ver. 8.0.24.

Thank you 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can try rolling back the PHP version to 7.4

Bernhard

Is there no risk? Before the last updates everythink worked fine. It’s not the first time rankmath has a bug.

When I migrated from 7.4 to 8 I remember that I struggled a bit because the extensions are different. I’d rather do a rollback of rankmath until they solve the problem.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok, speak to Rankmath first, see if they can fix it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.