[Resolved] Not getting beta updates

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Not getting beta updates

Home Forums Support Not getting beta updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jamal

Hi Tom,

I would love to try the beta updates but i’m unable to get them on two different domains even after waiting 24+ hrs? Any link i can grab files from or any other option? Thanks !

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jamal,

Damn that’s weird.

The setting is checked obviously?

Jamal

Yeah its very weird indeed. Thanks for the link Leo !

Now time to explore GP 1.7.

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re going to love it! Can’t wait to hear your feedback

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

@Jamal we are expecting at least 5 suggestions from you πŸ™‚

Jamal

Absolutely loving the elements module, blown away with the display rules even more ! Ability to not only add multiple location rules but also multiple exclusion rules is a huge deal, so much combinations can be made. Fantastic stuff !

Everything is nearly perfect so it’s time to nitpick πŸ™‚

– Page Hero container type wording maybe should be “Contained” instead of “Container”?
    – When not using page headers, Legacy page header shows in elements page. I understand you avoided automatic migrations but is there a way to check if it’s empty and just disable page header and hooks modules completely?

I’m still not receiving the beta updates though πŸ™ Disabling WP Show Posts and Contact form 7 seem to have fixed something, haha now i’m getting the update.

Jamal

More feedback

– When choosing element type it states header but once you chose it’s Page hero. Consistent wording would be much better. May i suggest just “GP Hero” πŸ™‚

– Featured image dimensions seem off. Before we could specify top and bottom padding in percentages and the image was just perfect but now it looks strange. See screenshot before and now

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the feedback!

1. The Header element type has both a Page Hero and Site Header option. These two elements can make up the header of your website.

2. The Elements module shouldn’t have anything to do with static featured images. Can you link me to the page?

Jamal

I’m displaying the featured image as a background in Page hero as i liked the image cropping and so on. I will edit first reply and add both sites, the subdomain is using GPP 1.7.

This are settings for Page header and this for Page hero.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The first site is using Page Headers, but the second site is just using a static featured image. Is a Page Hero applied to it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When not using page headers, Legacy page header shows in elements page. I understand you avoided automatic migrations but is there a way to check if it’s empty and just disable page header and hooks modules completely?

When you’re fully migrated, you can disable the modules in “Appearance > GeneratePress” and they’ll completely disappear.

Jamal

You are right Tom about the second site using static featured image but i found why that’s happening. The display rules are not saving for Post Category but instead Post Category archive, i will add loom link in first post. Thanks !

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That should have the same effect. I just tested it and it should apply to the category. Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just applied it to that same category, and the Element is showing up.

However, it’s a big empty space because it’s set to show a featured image, which a category doesn’t obviously have.

I left what I did so you can take a look.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jamal

Hey Tom

What i was trying to do is set the page hero for all posts in that category. Sorry for not being clearer on that. Have a good day/night.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.